Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Addendum

The same friend who kept me company deep into Saturday night, said this about poetry. I believe it could be applied to all modes of writing.

"Memories, within themselves, are not enough. Only when they have changed into our blood; when they breathe in some corner of our minds, melting into glance and gestures, movements and thoughts, and are nameless and indistinguishable from our own self - only then can it happen that in some very rare sacred hour, the first word of a poem will arise in their midst and move forth from among them."

This is why I know the muse will return. This is why three lines will turn into a post someday soon. "I can feel it in my bones." :-)

3 comments:

. : A : . said...

Very true lines.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. Look forward to seeing you again.

Extempore said...

@.:a:. : I should say the same as well, no? Thanks for dropping by and do come again! :)

Will definitely see you on your blog again.

Once the Conman said...

What has begun must end...
It's the law of... mmm... somewhere I guess.