Sunday, April 05, 2009

88 Reasons to work for the Government

22 public holidays
26 Saturdays
40 days of privilege, casual, and medical leave

All totaling eighty eight great reasons to work for the Maharashtra government. I'm speechless. Honestly. I wish I had even half that luck. Just half.

Work, as usual, has been insane - more than half the insanity is my fault. I've come to realise that I need to change the way I work. I have also come to realise that there is no such thing as the dream job. I'm just going to have to be content with a job that I like very, very much.

I should be back in action in the course of this week - hopefully some of you, you know who you are, are still waiting.

2 comments:

Parth said...

You mean you need to work for the remaining 277 days? That seems unjust!

G Shrivastava said...

Hahaha! Well atleast now I know why they are so bloody inefficient, but that doesn't solve the mystery about the inefficiency at my work place ;)
Check your inbox in 10 minutes ma puce...